Sunday, December 21, 2014

Real Crime Clues

Friday Comic Book Day.

The last two weeks of the year I have taken off from work. I am waiting for some plans to go through anyway. Great to finally be abe to sit down and read a bit. Even better, last week I go tnew (digital) idues of Alter Ego, The Jack Kirby Collector and Comic Book Creator from the good folks at Twomorrows. Ever since they sent me digital copies to try out a year ago, I have been reading these excellent magazines on my Ipad. If you do notyet have a susciption and are not sure if you shoudl commit your money, go to their site and try some stuff out. You might even sart with oneof the issues of Alter Ego that have real proper articles by me, like When Jacob Met Stanley in The Jack Kirby Collector (about Jack Kirby's often confused two returns to Marvel in the late fifties) or my two parter on Mad comic book imitations for Alter Ego #86 en #91 (which inspired Fantagraphic to ask John Benson to produce a reprint book about those same imitations, without telling me of course). In this week's Alter Ego one of the main attractions is the first part of a huge reptrospective of the work of Dan Barry, who is mostly now for his work on Flash Gordon but had a whole (influential) career in comics before that. Here to ilustrate s one of those stories, from Real Clue Crime Stories.

No comments: