Sunday, July 16, 2017

So Long

Saturday Leftover Day.

This week we learned that Bob Lubbers, one of the most extraordinairy artists that ever lived, has passed away. Lubbers worked in comics and newspaper strip and excelled in both. I have show much of his work, bt my favorite is his ten year run on the Al Capp signed (though actually his brother Eliott wrote them) Long Sam. I am surprised to see that I haven't shown any Long Sam for three years. But that probably is because I am collecting more, so that one day I can show longer runds that you can actually read instead of just look at the pretty pictures. For this week though, looking at the pretty pictures is enough. Here are a couple of early Long Sam's from 1954.

1 comment:

comicstripfan said...

THX! Looking forward to longer runs on a strip that should be reprinted!